Sunday, February 17, 2013

Wednesday eats.

Hello everyone, I apologize I've been MIA. This past week was hell for me at work with three full days with both girls. I am a full time nanny and take care two girls, a 3 year old and a 6 year old. It was just brutal with having both of them home and constantly fighting and being pregnant during this time is no fun! I don't like to get stressed out because I feel it affects the baby, but the week is over and I have a 3 day weekend!! So pumped! Instead of whining about my hell-ish week, I will provide you with my eats from Wednesday.

For breakfast, I try to change up my routine to get as many nutrients I can into my diet. Usually it's the same old thing, but when I try something different, it doesn't fill me up like my usual breakfasts. I had wish I added yogurt this morning, but instead I had a cut up galia melon, which is similar to cantaloupe and its a hybrid, not as sweet, kiwi, 2 T of soaked chia seeds with 1/2 cup of milk and sprinkled with sunflower seeds and cinnamon.



I had a midmorning snack of bran cereal flakes with pistachio nuts and craisins. I was starving and ate it before I remembered to take a picture! Oops.

Then for lunch I had a spinach salad with cherry tomatoes, carrots, leftover salmon from my weekend dinner, and about 1/2 cup of hummus from Trader Joe's. It. was. so. good! I just used a whole lemon and olive oil, salt and pepper for the dressing. Simple and delicious!
Also, after two full days with both girls home from school, it was nice to spend some quality time with the three year old.  We baked cupcakes for the older sister to bring to her classmates for Valentines day. She requested yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting. I went to Party City and got her Valentines day cupcake papers and heart shaped toothpick banners. She loved them!!

The house smelled so good and I was being good and didn't have one lick of the frosting! With being pregnant, I find that if I have sweets that aren't good for me, or artificial sugar for that matter, I feel crappy and so yucky. I rather have fruit instead, that's my candy! ;)

Wednesday my husband had a client dinner in the city so I was on my own for dinner. When I am on my own, I go crazy with my creativity and make the oddest concoctions for my meals! I have been craving goat cheese and sauerkraut. I know a weird craving but it was so good. I topped it over a bed of mixed greens with carrots and avocado (good fats) and topped with sauerkraut and goat cheese. Sounds strange but dont knock it til you try it. It was a mixture of sour, sweet and crunchy!  

I usually try not to eat anything after dinner, but now being pregnant I find that I must have some kind of carb snack to help me sleep through the night. If I don't then I wake up with a growling stomach in the middle of the night wide awake. If I can remember, I had a bowl of Fiber One 80 calories chocolate cereal with milk. It was my first time having it and it satisfied my chocolate/carb craving! 

That's all I have for you today. I'm off to enjoy the rest of my long weekend! Enjoy my friends! 




No comments:

Post a Comment