Sunday, February 10, 2013

Yesterday's eats.

Good evening friends. I'm still trying to get used to this adjustment of posting more often and how I can manage this blog as I am new to all of this. I want to be able to post about my pregnancy journey as well as my daily eats. I would like to start a new page just for my pregnancy pictures, thoughts and rambles aside from food. If anyone could help me with how to do that, please let me know in the comment section. I would appreciate it!

Just so you know, I'm an early riser and a morning person. I spring out of bed daily at 6am to get to the gym before I head to work for 8:30a. Yesterday was different. My husband and I woke up to 30 inches of snow! We had shoveled the night before and we were shocked at how much accumulated overnight!    So, there was no way to make it to the gym with 30 inches of snow in our driveway and our street wasn't even plowed yet! So instead, we ate breakfast and watched Shameless all morning. For breakfast I made myself a bowl of greek yogurt (1 cup) with 1 T of soaked chia seeds in water, 3/4 cup of cantaloupe, walnuts with a splash of milk. We were trying to save as much milk as we could because we didn't know how long we would be snowed in!
After I finished my breakfast, we continued watching Shamless. We just discovered the show recently and we enjoy watching it! We have been watching a bunch of shows but we watched all of them! Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Homeland and tried the Walking Dead, but I am not a fan of horror shows. I know, I'm a cry baby! We just completed Season 1 and just started Season 2. Eventually, we pulled away from the couch and got moving. My husband went outside to start shoveling and I really wanted to help him, but being 17 weeks pregnant, it would be too much for me to lift heavy snow, so instead I stayed in and cleaned the house. I vacuumed with a broken vacuum cleaner and stretched for 20 minutes. Finally, after about 45 minutes to an hour, I looked outside and the husband had done 60-70% of the driveway (wow, he is a strong man!).  I was proud of him!

Then, our stomachs started to growl, it was lunch time! I made myself a salad beast with a slice of toast with almond butter for protein and my husband a turkey, ham and cheese sandwich. I had forgotten to take a picture so no picture of my salad.

My husband went back outside to finish off the rest of the snow and I decided to go up to the nursery and paint the samples on the walls. We are going for a light gray look. I will do another post on the nursery. We showered and cleaned up and relaxed, caught up with our families to see how everyone was doing. Before we knew it, it was time for dinner!

Luckily, I had bought pork tenderloin from Trader Joes when I went on Thursday to do some shopping before the storm! I marinated the pork in rice wine vinegar, fresh rosemary, dried mint, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil. I broiled it in our miniature convention oven on high for 10-15 minutes until it reached the temperature of 170 degrees for pork. I also made roasted asparagus and a small chopped salad that had cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and avocados in a dijon mustard vinaigrette. Everything turned out delicious and we were one happy couple and baby in my belly after a long day of shoveling for the husband and me lounging around the house being snowed in! Our street still wasn't plowed by 9pm last night!






For dessert I tried something new I've seen on the blogsphere. Blended cottage cheese (in love) over strawberries! It was so so good and perfectly satisfying! 


I promise you it was so good!
That was my eats for yesterday! I hope you enjoyed what I ate. I usually eat the same old thing, same routine daily, but try my best to change up my meals daily. So far, it's working! Thank you for making it this far and I will be back later this week! Happy Sunday friends! Enjoy the rest of your day! By the way, the plow truck finally came today around lunch time and we are no longer snowed in! Horrayy for not being trapped in the house and now I can go to the gym tomorrow morning!




No comments:

Post a Comment